Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh the joys of paint!

Hey there everyone, not going to lie, I'm a little distracted while I'm writing this post. My mom and I are watching the NBA playoff game. I'm such a bandwagonner, I don't really like basketball, but lets go Mavs!

Francisco and his brother finished up the preparation on the outside of the house to start painting tomorrow. They are doing a great job. He power-washed all week and finished caulking (not spelt "cocking" so I found out from my mother)  today. The caulking job alone was worth what we're paying these guys. They filled every nail hole, every ding in the wood, and every space between the boards. This game is getting pretty exciting so I can't promise a detailed post.  

Ok, commercial break, here we go... painters are finishing the outside Saturday, electricians finished this past week, sheet rock guys start Monday, the cabinets are being built off site right now, the sink and counter tops were picked up at Ikea in Dallas by Cody and Natalie on Monday... back to the game... commercial (Mavs are winning 50 seconds left)... the sheet rock should be done by the end of next week. After the sheet rock is done it will make a huge difference. Forgot one thing, the window guys started on the repairing the windows this week too. It isn't in our budget to get them all working, but we are replacing the glass in the ones needing replacement. They are double-hung windows that use a pulley and weight system when opened. They are common in older homes.

I bought an ADT security system yesterday from Tiffany Voan with Global Security. She is great to work with. Their website is www.globalhomesecurity.net if you want to check them out. They are DirectTV providers as well (pretty sweet deal).  Let me know if you are interested because I can get $50 for referring someone!

Below are pre-exterior paint pics, I'll put some up as soon as it is finished.

For all the other bandwaggoners out there:
Final score:
Dallas 112
Miami 103

This was taken after the guys power-washed. Don't worry, it has to get worse to get better.  

Sample of paint colors on the front, left corner of the house. My previous post has the name of the colors. We picked the colors from the Benjamin Moore color pallet, but we are using BEHR paint from Home Depot to save money.
 You can see where Francisco has replaced some of the rotted wood, he is pretty legit.
WOAH! Its 11 pm, waaay past my bed time. See everyone next time! #postgradproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment